Hello again honeybees and happy almost New Year! I have a busy year ahead of me but I wanted to quickly wrap up this wild ride of a year.
In my 2019 Goals post, I said I wanted to read 90 books, since I’ve been upping my goal by 20 for the past three years. Early into the year, however, I realized that 90 books just wasn’t feasible for me and lowered it to 50. It was a great decision since I only just reached 50.
5 Star Reads
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
The Beast’s Heart by Leife Shallcross
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
In 2019 I…
- reached 200+ subscribers on my blog (thank you so so so much!)
- reached 3.5k followers on Instagram (what??)
- went to Yallwest for the first time and was surrounded by amazing books and bookish people!
Victoria Schwab brushed shoulders with me and I’m dead
- got my first physical ARC (can you hear me still screaming about this?)
- got accepted into one of my top universities
- fell in love with a boy, myself, the world, and my life (not in that order)
- lost friends, family, and pets (enjoy the picture of my Cali cat. Peace be with her, wherever she is)
- turned 17!
There’s plenty more successes and trials of the year but I just want to thank you all so so much for being with me through the highs and lows of the year, putting up with inconsistent positing and activity, and supporting me no matter what. This community means so much to me and I cannot wait to see what we accomplish in 2020!
Thank you for reading. Happy New Year. All the best, Destiny.